We hope to illuminate not only the region s future trajectory but also how foreign businesses can be successful when expanding to India, China and Indonesia
About this Event
Asia is on track to top 50% of the global GDP in the next 20 years and drive 40% of the world’s consumption. Hence, the region represents a major shift in the world’s center of gravity.
Since it’s hard to represent the entire Asian region as it consists of nations that have widely different forms of government and economic systems for this webinar we have focused on some of Asia Pacific’s largest economies: India, China and Indonesia.
Those countries’ rise has lifted hundreds of millions out of extreme poverty. Not to mention that the above mentioned countries are experiencing a digital economy boom as China, Indonesia and India alone account for more than one-third of the world’s internet users. Indonesia and India have outperformed the world when it comes to the speed of digital adoption over the past three years. To illustrate that consider that the use of mobile data in India since 2014 is growing at 152% annually, more than twice the rates in the US.
Because of the wide spread internet penetration and fast-growing economies many innovation hubs are starting to take root. As of 2019, Asia was home to more than 119 unicorns out of 331 globally (startups valued at more than $1B). 91 of these companies are in China, 13 in India and 5 in Indonesia. By comparison the USA is home to 161, while the UK has 16 and Germany 9.
With this webinar we hope to illuminate not only the region’s future trajectory but also how foreign businesses can be successful when expanding to India, China and Indonesia.
During the webinar what discussed::
– Industry trends & FDI
– Incorporation requirements like licensing, company structure options, and paid-up capital requirements
– Opportunities emerging through COVID-19
– Government support for new entrants/industry
– Vishnu Krishna – holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) with a Post Graduate Diploma in Management majoring in International Business and Marketing. As the Director and shareholder of Octagona India Private Limited, Vishnu leads a fast growing management consulting firm of Italian origin in India that works with its clients in areas related to India market entry, local incorporation, strategic consulting, accounting taxation, compliances, HR, legal and secretarial support. Vishnu is also appointed as Local Resident Director in many of his client companies.
– Miguel Latorre – Miguel is the Managing Director of Vistra Indonesia, a serial entrepreneur with more than 16 years of international experience and Indonesia in particular. In 2013, Miguel founded Global Expandia, a market entry company that was acquired by Vistra in March 2018. Miguel holds a Master’s Degree in Leadership and International Relations from Boston University, and he also attended “Leading Professional Service Firms” executive program at Harvard Business School.
– Nicholas Au – Nick is a Project Executive at the FastLane Group, a Hong Kong-based accounting and advisory firm which maintains a special emphasis on helping SMEs. Nick graduated from Syracuse University with honours and received his Bachelor’s degree in International Relations. Nick joined the FastLane Group in 2019 having previously worked at KPMG in their Mergers and Acquisitions and Deal Advisory team.
Your Greenhouse’s Moderator:
Viktor Kyosev – COO of Greenhouse – Viktor looks after the day to day operations at Greenhouse, overseeing and supporting businesses entering greater Southeast Asia. Prior to Greenhouse Viktor has been working for about 7 years in the hospitality sector across 4 countries and later on developed his career building and growing startups across Europe and Asia.
Greenhouse is a technology platform, connecting you to the largest network of qualified incorporation service providers in Southeast Asia.